Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tangent: Essay Help!


I need help with this essay. Seventeen Magazine is doing a contest that I am going to enter. The topic is about what makes you amazing. I decided to write about the my choice to put my baby up for adoption. I need people's opinion on what they think of my essay and be honest. If the grammar is bad, something is spelled wrong, or if its just a bad essay. The restrictions are it has to be less than a 1000 characters including spaces. The essay right now is 993 characters with spaces. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! I really want to win or at least be in the top 4. Thank You and Enjoy my essay!


Last year I was a typical 19-year-old college student, until I found I was pregnant. I was young and still learning how to be an adult. I knew I would not be able to keep the baby. I had none of the necessities to take care of a baby and myself. My baby deserved the world and I couldn’t give it to him.
I am amazing because I decided to take the hard road and face challenges most young girls have never faced before. I continued with the pregnancy and gave my son up for adoption. It took me a while to find the perfect parents for my baby, but I did. We got a lawyer and set up an open adoption plan.
Our baby boy was born in October 2010. I get regular updates, pictures, and visitations. His parents give him more love and happiness then I could have ever hoped for. Giving him up was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I love him and miss him immensely, but I know he is in the right place. Being strong, brave, and selfless enough to do the right thing for my son is what makes me amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment